[ic] Ads extenstion first version done

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Tue Jul 20 13:28:12 EDT 2004

As requested and funded by some of our kind Interchange users, I have
put up the ad serving extension to Interchange.

There is an INSTALL document and rudimentary documentation in README.
I have tested it fully on MySQL. It does not yet work on Postgres because
it relies on AUTO_INCREMENT fields -- this can be addressed if extra
time is found.

If you said you would contribute a half-hour, you are asked to follow this
link to pay by credit card:

Click twice to pay for one hour (if anyone said they would contribute that).

The more payment, the more time I will have to add features like:

	-- Ad start/expiration dates
	-- Expire by number of exposures
	-- Expire by number of clicks
	-- etc.

I expect to put this extension in the distribution for 5.4.

Mike Heins

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon