[ic] modify search to ignore hyphens - how to use [filter word]

New Media E.M.S. ic_users at newmediaems.com
Thu Jun 24 11:41:40 EDT 2004

At 06:05 AM 6/24/2004, you wrote:

>DB wrote:
>
>>Ok after more reading I've just discovered the [filter word] tag and that
>>looks like it does what just I want! How would I execute that filter on
>>the mv_searchspec variable prior to running the search in the above form?
>
>I've done something like this by using a search profile.  Something like
>this should work.
>
>[set mysearch_profile]
>   fi=products
>   st=text
>   ml=25
>   so=category
>   se=[filter word [cgi searchparam]]
>   op=rm
>   cs=no
>   su=yes
>[/set]
>
>Then use a form like this:
>
><form action="[area search]">
>   <INPUT type="hidden" name="mv_search_page"
> value="your_search_results_page">
>   <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="mv_profile" VALUE="mysearch_profile">
>   <INPUT MAXLENGTH=30 NAME=searchparam type=text size=10>
>   <input type="image" alt="Search Go" border="0"
> src="__THEME_IMG_DIR__go.gif">
></form>
>
>The search profile can also be set up in the catalog.cfg
>
>Hope this helps,
>Eric Small

This will work for matching ABC in the database to A-B-C in mv_searchspec,
but it does nothing for the other way around (A-B-C in the database, ABC in
mv_searchspec). For that, I think you are looking at a modification to
Search.pm, unless somebody has already added code to handle this that I do
not know about.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax