[ic] mod_interchange and Apache 2.0
Thomas J.M. Burton
tom at globalfocusdm.com
Thu Mar 18 17:48:12 EST 2004
Jamie Neil wrote:
> These are the settings we use for our sites:
> RewriteRule ^$ /cgi-bin/mycatalog/index.html [PT,L]
> RewriteRule ^/$ /cgi-bin/mycatalog/index.html [PT,L]
> RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/.* - [PT,L]
> RewriteRule ^/images/.* - [PT,L]
> RewriteRule ^/interchange-5/.* - [PT,L]
> RewriteRule ^/(.*) /cgi-bin/mycatalog/$1 [PT,L]
> Variable FULL_URL 1
> Catalog mycatalog directory /var/lib/interchange/mycatalog
> Catalog mycatalog script www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/mycatalog
> Catalog mycatalog alias www.mydomain.com/
> Catalog mycatalog alias /cgi-bin/mycatalog
> Catalog mycatalog alias www.mydomain.com:443/cgi-bin/mycatalog
> Catalog mycatalog alias www.mydomain.com:443/
> 1) Our production boxes are all on Apache 1.3, we've only used 2.0 like
> this in development.
> 2) CGI_URL must be blank in variable.txt (or catalog.cfg)
> 3) Rewrite rules must be set for http _and_ https servers
> 4) FULL_URL directive is required if you need to host more than one
> catalog at /
> 5) Other URLs that you don't want rewritten (e.g. /stats/ or
> /robots.txt) can be added using the images rule as a template
> 6) We use IC4.9+/5.0 RPMs. You may need to adjust paths for other packages.
First of all, thanks to Jamie Neil, Racke, and Johnathan Clark for the
replies to my post. I really appreciate all of your help.
However, I'm still getting problems in the Admin UI.
Here's what I did:
RewriteRule ^$ /cgi-bin/speedquest/index.html [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/$ /cgi-bin/speedquest/index.html [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/.* - [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/images/.* - [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/interface/.* - [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/interchange/.* - [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/(.*) /cgi-bin/speedquest/$1 [PT,L]
1) Running Apache 2.0, not sure if that has to do with the problems
2) Cleared out the CGI_URL variable (it's blank now)
3) Don't have https set up for this catalog at this point
4) Not hosting other catalogs at this domain, so not using FULL_URL
Correct me if this is wrong.
5) Took care of preventing rewrites for a few additional things
6) Using IC 5.0
The catalog itself works fine, as does most functions in the Admin UI.
An example scenario in which I encounter problems is as follows:
1) I log into the Admin UI
2) I go to the Table Manager and select to edit the options table
3) I check an item to delete from the options table
4) I click the "Delete checked" button and OK the confirmation dialog
5) I get the Admin UI login page
6) I log in again and get a page that says
"Error: flex_select: no database "
7) I go to the options table and the item has not been deleted
This isn't just something that happens with the options table either. It
happens when I try to delete a record from any table using the Table
Manager (flex_select and family) or the Item Editor.
However, if I have /cgi-bin/speedquest in the CGI_URL variable,
everything works fine. Even if I still have RewriteEngine on for that
domain. The rest of the Admin UI works fine. It seems to be just when
I'm trying to delete a record from a table.
Is there something specific to that part of IC that needs to have a
Also, I get nothing in any error logs when this is attempted.
I hope someone can help.
More information about the interchange-users