[ic] IC 5.2.0 mysql problem

Mark Weaver mark at americanmicroinc.com
Mon May 17 16:33:17 EDT 2004

Bryan D Gmyrek wrote:

>>>Killing Interchange server 17624 with TERM.
>>>Vend::Payment::AuthorizeNet payment module initialized, using Net::SSLeay
>>>High traffic settings.
>>>Calling UI......UI is loaded...
>>>Interchange V5.2.0
>>>Configuring catalog store...Using MySQL, DSN=dbi:mysql:store...table
>>>failed: connect failed (create) -- Access denied for user:
>>>'interch at localhost' (Using password: NO)
>>>Interchange server started in UNIX mode(s) (process id 17707)
>>>I've checked and double checked the mysql password and the variable.txt
>>>file.  I am able to log into mysql using
>>>mysql -uinterch -pmypassword
>>>DBI version is 1.40
>>>Tried looking in the ic code to find where mysql is accessed and if the
>>>password is being passed properly but wasn't able to figure that out.  Any
>>>other ideas? I'm tapped out...
>>Are you accessing mysql through "localhost" or from another machine? If
>>another machine then the IP address could be the problem.
>>From localhost...
>>grant all privileges on store.* to interch at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx identified by
>>"password" with grant option;
> To check I did this ... though like I said it was working before so...
>  GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON store.* TO 'interch'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY
> Still get same error on ic restart.
> It does work if I set the users password like so:
>  GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON store.* TO 'interch'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY
> And remove the password from the variable.txt so that it looks like
> SQLDSN	dbi:mysql:store	Database
> SQLPASS		Database
> SQLUSER	interch	Database
> However, somehow this doesn't seem so secure to me ;-}
> Bryan

Well Bryan,

This is strange. Here's what my variable.txt reads where it regards the
MySQL connection and such.

MYSQL   				1                            Database
MYSQL_TRANSACTIONS         1                            Database
SQLPASS 			      xxxxxx                    Database
SQLDSN  dbi:mysql:order_abcdefghijklmnop      Database
SQLUSER abcd                                                     Database

Mark Weaver
American Micro - Webmaster