[ic] Bug with shipping + total cost?
sandy at scotwebshops.com
Thu May 27 07:16:36 EDT 2004
New Media E.M.S. wrote:
> At 09:28 AM 5/25/2004, you wrote:
>> I have discovered something I think might be a bug?
>> My Setup:
>> I have a few different shipmodes in the shipping.asc file, and
>> depending on what country a customer selects certain shipmodes (+
>> correct prices) are displayed on the basket page on a drop down list
>> for customer to choose from.
>> Only shipping country and shipping method are chosen on our basket
>> page. The idea being the customer can see a simple heads up of how
>> much everything costs before being confronted with crazy checkout form.
>> A hypothetical example:
>> ACountry ups,fedex
>> ups UPS weight 0 0 e No items in basket
>> ups UPS weight 1 1999 f 10.00
>> ups UPS weight 2000 9999999 e Use Fedex instead
>> fedex Fedex weight 0 0 e No items in basket
>> fedex Fedex weight 1 9999999 f 20.00
>> Note: Ignore all tab separation and formatting, its just an example
>> and the db's work here.
>> The (Possible) Bug:
>> For example, the weight criterion was out of bounds for the first
>> shipmode (3000), i would like it to display only the second shipmode
>> and the price for that country (e.g Fedex: 20.00) on the basket page.
>> This works fine.
>> The [total-cost] tag returns the calculation of
>> (subtotal+vat+shipping), but for some reason it assumes shipping to
>> be 0.00, i assume because it looks at the first shipmode in the
>> country db (ups) and sees 'e' (error), instead of the only option
>> available that has no error (Fedex: 20.00).
>> So the calculation should be (subtotal+vat+20.00) instead of
>> (subtotal+vat+0.00), i think?
>> Subsequently, going to the checkout page calculates the order total
>> correctly, but I was really wanting the basket page to do the price
>> Any hints?
> You could add some to display a message about this to the user:
> [if type=!explicit compare="[shipping noformat=1]"]
> <font color=red>Please click 'Recalculate' to see your
> total with shipping charges added in.</font>
> ... or something like this. Or if you want to get more ambitious you
> could add a calc at the top of the page to evaluate all shipmodes and
> apply the first one that produces an non-zero result.
I thought this was a bit unreasonable and customers expect this sort of
thing to be done automatically.
Anyway I managed to come up with a simple solution, you add something
like this before the drop down shipping choice is displayed:
[comment] Shipping bugfix stuff [/comment]
[tmp name="ship_mode" interpolate=1][shipping modes="[data table=country
key='[value country]' col=shipmodes]" label=1][/tmp]
[value name="mv_shipmode" set="[scratch ship_mode]"
[comment] End of shipping bugfix
I had to add a perl block to strip out the shipmode as format="%M" used
with label=1 in the [shipping] tag returned 'not enough information".
Cheers for the help.
More information about the interchange-users