[ic] More Than One Receipt

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) ic_users at newmediaems.com
Tue Oct 5 12:48:53 EDT 2004

At 02:34 PM 10/4/2004, you wrote:

>Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) wrote:
>>At 07:47 AM 10/4/2004, you wrote:
>>
>>>Hello;
>>>
>>>Is there a way to set up another route with another receipt?
>>>I would like people to get two different receipts. One if they check out
>>>with the main route, and a different one if they check out in the second route.
>>>
>>>I have in my catalog.cfg the following lines,
>>>SpecialPage  report   ../etc/report
>>>SpecialPage  receipt  ../etc/receipt
>>>SpecialPage  receipt  ../etc/secondreceipt
>>>
>>>and the following 2 routes
>>>
>>>Route main  <<EOF
>>>         attach            0
>>>         credit_card       1
>>>         default           1
>>>         email             '__ORDERS_TO__'
>>>         encrypt           0
>>>         errors_to         '__ORDERS_TO__'
>>>         pgp_cc_key        "__PGP_KEY__"
>>>         pgp_key           "__PGP_KEY__"
>>>         receipt           etc/receipt.html
>>>         report            etc/report
>>>         supplant          1
>>>         individual_track  orders
>>>         track             logs/tracking.asc
>>>EOF
>>>

>>>Route secondreceipt  <<EOF
>>>         attach            0
>>>         credit_card       1
>>>         email             '__ORDERS_TO__'
>>>         encrypt           0
>>>         errors_to         '__ORDERS_TO__'
>>>         pgp_cc_key        "__PGP_KEY__"
>>>         pgp_key           "__PGP_KEY__"
>>>         receipt           etc/secondreceipt.html
>>>         report            etc/secondreport
>>>         supplant          1
>>>         individual_track  orders
>>>         track             logs/tracking.asc
>>>EOF
>>>
>>>It seems that the reports and emails that are sent to the cust are OK.
>>>However, only the last receipt set via the SpecialPage directive above
>>>is used for both routes.
>>>
>>>Any Ideas?
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>Rick
>>
>>What determines the choice of one route vs. another? What else is
>>different between the routes? If all you are toggling is the receipt,
>>perhaps you should just set mv_order_receipt to the desired value based
>>on conditions. This can be done with a hidden form input, and
>>mv_click/mv_check, or inside an order profile with &set.
>>- Ed

>Thanks Ed!
>
>I have an order form with items that I am calling a "tour". That has 12
>items, one item shipped each month for a year.  There is a different
>cart,  basket.html, checkout.html mail_receipt, report, and receipt.html
>for this process. Each line item of the "tour" cart has a different
>delivery date. I added "ship_date" to the transactions and orderline
>tables. I am setting the ship dates on the order form. I will take your
>advice and set the mv_order_receipt on the checkout page for that cart.
>
>My 2 questions now are:
>
>(1) Why does the line
>   "receipt           etc/receipt_alt.html"
> [...]

This behavior is probably a result of legacy; routes did not exist back in
the Minivend days, but SpecialPage did. You would need to peek into the
code, but SpecialPage probably trumps receipt in routes, much the way that
mv_* variables can trump corresponding route settings.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax