[ic] More Than One Receipt

rbragg redhat at rickbragg.net
Mon Oct 4 17:34:16 EDT 2004

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) wrote:
> At 07:47 AM 10/4/2004, you wrote:
>
>> Hello;
>>
>> Is there a way to set up another route with another receipt?
>> I would like people to get two different receipts. One if they check
>> out with the main route, and a different one if they check out in the
>> second route.
>>
>> I have in my catalog.cfg the following lines,
>> SpecialPage  report   ../etc/report
>> SpecialPage  receipt  ../etc/receipt
>> SpecialPage  receipt  ../etc/secondreceipt
>>
>> and the following 2 routes
>>
>> Route main  <<EOF
>>         attach            0
>>         credit_card       1
>>         default           1
>>         email             '__ORDERS_TO__'
>>         encrypt           0
>>         errors_to         '__ORDERS_TO__'
>>         pgp_cc_key        "__PGP_KEY__"
>>         pgp_key           "__PGP_KEY__"
>>         receipt           etc/receipt.html
>>         report            etc/report
>>         supplant          1
>>         individual_track  orders
>>         track             logs/tracking.asc
>> EOF
>>

>> Route secondreceipt  <<EOF
>>         attach            0
>>         credit_card       1
>>         email             '__ORDERS_TO__'
>>         encrypt           0
>>         errors_to         '__ORDERS_TO__'
>>         pgp_cc_key        "__PGP_KEY__"
>>         pgp_key           "__PGP_KEY__"
>>         receipt           etc/secondreceipt.html
>>         report            etc/secondreport
>>         supplant          1
>>         individual_track  orders
>>         track             logs/tracking.asc
>> EOF
>>
>> It seems that the reports and emails that are sent to the cust are OK.
>> However, only the last receipt set via the SpecialPage directive above
>> is used for both routes.
>>
>> Any Ideas?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Rick
>

> What determines the choice of one route vs. another? What else is
> different between the routes? If all you are toggling is the receipt,
> perhaps you should just set mv_order_receipt to the desired value based
> on conditions. This can be done with a hidden form input, and
> mv_click/mv_check, or inside an order profile with &set.
>
> - Ed

Thanks Ed!

I have an order form with items that I am calling a "tour". That has 12
items, one item shipped each month for a year.  There is a different
cart,  basket.html, checkout.html mail_receipt, report, and receipt.html
for this process. Each line item of the "tour" cart has a different
delivery date. I added "ship_date" to the transactions and orderline
tables. I am setting the ship dates on the order form. I will take your
advice and set the mv_order_receipt on the checkout page for that cart.

My 2 questions now are:

(1) Why does the line
   "receipt           etc/receipt_alt.html"
that is inside the order route not work?

(2) What does the directive
   "SpecialPage  receipt  ../etc/receipt"
do, and what does that have to do with the route?

Thanks again
Rick