[ic] Accessing variables defined in the catalog.cfg

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) ic_users at newmediaems.com
Mon Oct 25 13:10:33 EDT 2004

At 09:35 AM 10/25/2004, you wrote:

>I know this should be simple but I sure can't figure it out.  I am
>setting a variable in my catalog.cfg as such:
>Variable WINHOST  True
>I am not having success reading this variable in the receipt.html page.
>I can print out the value of the variable, but I want to make a decision
>on the value of the variable.  I have tried the following but without
>success.  I have not found examples of this in the docs, but I could
>have easily missed them.
>[if __WINHOST__ ]
>[if __WINHOST__ eq True]
>[if @_WINHOST_@ eq True]
>[if [var WINHOST] eq True]
>What am I doing wrong with this simple test?

You are making up syntax. For a simple boolean, This should work:

[if type=explicit compare="__WINHOST__"]

Or if you need to qualify the string, maybe this:

[tmp var]__WINHOST__[/tmp]

[if scratch var eq True]
[elsif scratch var eq something_else]

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax