[ic] Easiest way to display price inc VAT/TAX??

Jonathan Clark jonc at webmaint.com
Fri Sep 3 18:04:42 EDT 2004

> All prices are stored in the database ex VAT, what is the easiest way to
> DISPLAY prices inc VAT? I found a thread referring to this which
> mentions "$price /= 1.175" (assumes 17.5%), how do I use that???

For retail type catalogs where you tend to display prices inc VAT, we tend
to set the price in the products table including VAT and display the VAT
content on the checkout/receipts.

The reason for this is that using a two decimal ex vat price it is not to
get some inc vat prices to display due to rounding.

Alternatively, here is Jamie Neil's solution:

http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2003-May/033058.html

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Clark