[ic] gethostbyaddr in ic pages, how ?

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) ic_users at newmediaems.com
Fri Sep 24 10:11:33 EDT 2004

At 02:38 AM 9/24/2004, you wrote:

>For debugging purposes I would like to get a hostname (from an ip) on a ic
>I have tryed following (with an lot of variations over "use Socket",
>return(gethostbyaddr(Socket::inet_aton($hostip),Socket::AF_INET) );
>But it alvays gives an error, like
>- Safe: 'gethostbyaddr' trapped by operation
>- Undefined subroutine &Socket::inet_aton
>- "use" not allowed in expression
>If I want to make an 'lookup' of the hostname. Do I have to make an
>usertag to do it ?
>- Niels

You could make a global UserTag to do this, which is probably the most
correct way once you have working code. In the meatime you can do this in

         AllowGlobal yourcat

(restart Interchange) ...and then add global=1 to the opening [perl] tag,
and you should be able to develop and test your code with in-page perl like
you were trying to.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax