[ic] Using Interchange as a SOAP server - order/process

Dr. Michael Streubel michael.streubel at ibizplanet.com
Thu Apr 14 07:23:18 EDT 2005

Chris Sendall wrote:

>I can successfully log on to the SOAP server provided by Interchange and I am
>now trying to order an item and checkout the shopping cart.
>My initial instinct was:
>my $order_opt = {
>    code => 'os90001',
>    quantity => '2',
>    };
>$ok = $Tag->order( $order_opt )->result;
>if($ok) {
>    print "Successful order.\n";
>else {
>    print "FAILED order.\n";
>but this returns the html to order the item (missing "session"?) <a
>I suspect I need to call a SOAP_Action but the information on how to do this is
>fairly sketchy, can anyone help please?

In your catalog conf, something like

SOAP_Action  soap_time   <<EOR
sub {
         my $locale = @_;
        return $Tag->time($locale);

SOAP_Control  Action/soap_time always

Now you can query the SOAP server according to

my $soap_response = SOAP::Lite
   -> proxy('http://localhost:7780/yourCat/')
    -> uri('http://yourserver/Vend/SOAP')
  -> soap_time($locale)

But once again:  Do the right thing in the global conf! (Whatever that is).

Good luck!

Dr. Michael Streubel
IBP Providers Ltd.
Schlossallee 30