[ic] Remote TCP Connections Fail

Matt Kerner mkerner at showmeinteractive.com
Thu Jan 6 16:11:23 EST 2005

I'm trying to get Interchange working with apache/perl in a chrooted
jail environment. Interchange works fine, but is unable to connect to
remote services (payment gateways, shipping lookup, etc).

I've got a simple perl script that attempts to connect to a remote web
server and it returns the following error message:

500 Can't connect to servername:80 (Bad protocol 'tcp')

Does anybody have any guesses as to what isn't working? I'm able to
open the web site in question with a text browser running in the jail,
so it's obviously a perl issue of some sort.