[ic] Search Results problems

Mark Bryant mark at eros-shop.co.uk
Fri Jul 8 14:22:14 EDT 2005

At 15:55 08/07/2005, you wrote:
>Mark Bryant [mark at eros-shop.co.uk] wrote:
> > If the result page breaks between 2 products that have the same price, the
> > product that should be first on the next page becomes the last item on the
> > reproducible no matter what ml= you set in your search string provided it
> > causes a page break between 2 items of the same price. The right number of
> > items is always reported by the search.
> >
> > I'm using IC 4.8.7
> >
>Can you reproduce the problem on a later Interchange version?  Perhaps
>on the live demo.  There probably won't be any great rush to fix
>non-security-related 4.8.7 problems unless they've been carried through
>to the latest revision.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply :)

In answer to your question...

No, I've not tried a later version, nor the demo as yet, but it's pretty
clear that the "bug" lays in what's initially sent to the browser after the
search is done, not what's stored in the search results stored on the disk.
Browsing through the pages via the [more] function proves that to be the
case as it's reading the data from the stored search rather than repeating
the search and it displays the results correctly.

I appreciate that the IC core coders would prefer to develop than fix, but
sadly I'm not able to upgrade IC at this point in time. So, if someone
could tell me where to look I may be able to find the code error myself and
share the fix with everyone?

I'm rather hoping that some kind person who understands the inner workings
of IC more intimately could see the obvious error here and supply the
required correction(s).

Many thanks in advance

Mark

Eros Shop