[ic] [table-editor] question set values

Duane Hinkley duane at downhomewebdesign.com
Sat Jun 11 19:19:45 EDT 2005

Michael wrote:

> Hi all, I am using IC 5.2 on Debian
>
> I need some help with the table editor tag
>
> I have a table that has these fields
> hosp,econtactn,doctor, and about 30 more
>
> I have the table editor tag working just great, however, I want to set
> these fields to some other values besides what is already in the
> database. (In the db they are blank and I want to populate them.
>
> I have a statment like this:
> [value name='hosp' set=[sql-param hosp] hide=1]
> [value name='econtactn' set=[sql-param econtactn] hide=1]
> [value name='doctor' set=[sql-param doctor] hide=1]
>
> That pulls the values I want from a sql table
>
> Then I do something like this.
>
> [table-editor auto-secure=1 table=child key="[cgi userid]"
> ui_hide_key=1*
> mv_nextpage="cs.html"
>
> <!-- I have tried both of the lines below but not at the same time -->
> lookup_query.hosp="select hosp from tablename"
> value.hosp=[value name = 'hosp']
> ]
>
> Both  of them worked did not work ata ll.
>
> Can anyone help me, I saw the defaultref in the ic doco, but I can't
> find an example of it.
>
> Thanks

Michael,

I use the default option.  I would do it something like this:

[table-editor auto-secure=1 table=child key="[cgi userid]"
ui_hide_key=1*
default.hosp="[sql-param hosp]"
default.econtactn="[sql-param econtactn]"
default.doctor="[sql-param doctor]"
mv_nextpage="cs.html" ]

If you don't want the user changing them add the hidden widget like this:

widget.hosp=hidden

--

Sincerely,

Duane Hinkley