[ic] We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable

Davor Ocelic docelic at mail.inet.hr
Wed Jun 15 13:02:13 EDT 2005

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:45:57 +0200
"Ulf Holt" <ulfh at it-visjon.no> wrote:

> So far found no answer to this problem, so I have to ask again for help.

> Try to connect - welcome page display OK, but if I try
> to click customer or admin then I get the error We're sorry, the
> Interchange server is unavailable.

> Has anyone been able to make Interchange work in this environment?

Dear Ulf,

I do not have a solution that is specific to a CentOS environment, but
I don't think your problem is exactly CentOS-specific either.

Try helping yourself with two emails I wrote in response to a similar
question:

1) http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2005-May/043014.html
2) http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2005-May/043017.html

My answer applies to a Debian GNU system, but you should adjust to
CentOS without problems.

Some of the differences between Debian GNU and Red Hat based systems to have
in mind while reading the above emails are:

- Init script is not /etc/init.d/interchange, it is
  /etc/rc.d/init.d/interchange

- Cgi-bin directory is not /usr/lib/cgi-bin/ic/, it is
  /usr/lib/cgi-bin/

- Your problem is not related to the database I believe (otherwise you would
  see appropriate error messages at startup). Therefore, regardless of
  postgres being set up properly or not, the page you tried visiting
  should work.

- There is no catalogs.cfg, the main file is /etc/interchange/interchange.cfg
  or /usr/lib/interchange/etc/interchange.cfg

See if that helps you,

enjoy,
-doc