[ic] Payment module problems

Jamie Neil jamie at versado.net
Wed Jun 22 05:02:47 EDT 2005

Jamie Neil wrote:
> Daniel Browning wrote:
>
>> * Jamie Neil <jamie at versado.net> [2005-06-17 02:36]:
>>
>>> We've recently moved a fairly busy catalog to a new dedicated server,
>>> and we've started to see payment module errors (resulting in
>>> duplicate charges) several times a day.
>>>
>>> New server is running IC 5.2 on Debian 3.1 (Sarge) - (local) perl
>>> 5.8.7, apache 2.0.54 (no mod_perl) and a 2.6 SMP kernel on a single
>>> Xeon processor (Hyperthreaded).
>>>
>>> Each time the error occurs, the debug logging that's been set up
>>> shows a "500 read error" from LWP, so IC thinks the payment has
>>> failed when in fact it has gone through sucessfully.
>>

>> Mike has added a "use_wget" option recently to work around this very
>> problem.
>
> Thanks - nice to know that this is a know problems :)
>
> Neither setting PERL_SIGNALS to unsafe nor running in RPC mode have
> fixed this problem, so I'll have a go at patching my Payment code.

Patched and apparently working OK - fingers crossed.

Apart from patching Payment.pm, the only other change required was to
create the "wget" directory in <catalog root>/tmp/ - the Payment module
doesn't do this automatically.

Thanks again for the pointer.

--
Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454