[ic] Working with VAT inclusive prices

Steve interchange at bojanglesdesign.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 12:34:27 EST 2005

on 23/3/05 5:05 pm, Stephen Ricketts wrote:

>>> CommonAdjust
>>> for quantity

>>> the next day
>>>
>>> I spent a long time playing with Interchange trying to get VAT to
>>> work correctly
>>> without rounding errors, in the end I concluded the only way to do things
>>> properly was store the ex VAT prices in the database with 5
>>> decimal places and
>>> use my own calculations to assign VAT. Every other way caused
>>> rounding errors.
>>
>> This was one of the main reasons that TaxInclusive feature was added. Prices
>> are stored inclusive of VAT and so never display wrong :-)
>>
>> Jonathan.
>>

> I have just installed IC 5.3 and have it working with my old catalog. The
> new 'TaxInclusive' directive works an absolute dream!!!!
>
> Calculating how much tax there already is in the [subtotal] is done
> automatically and that amount is displayed with the usual [salestax] tag and
> then not added to [total-cost].
>
> Steve

I've just realised that with 'TaxInclusive' switched on, the [total-cost] is
now exactly the same whether the user should being paying tax or not.

e.g. I have tax (VAT) set up for the countries in the EU, so shouldn't the
sales tax that is already in the product prices be deducted from the
[total-cost] for anyone outside the EU? At the moment their [salestax] shows
as '0' although it is still in all the prices.

I've got a feeling that I'm missing something again here??

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve