[ic] Problem with UI -> Tables -> Edit tables -> Group editing

Zambra michael at zambra.com
Tue Oct 4 16:28:10 EDT 2005

Gert van der Spoel escribió:

> Zambra writes:
>> Hello,
>> I have IC 5.2 running under RedHat 9 with a MySQL database.
>> I have noticed a strange behaviour when editing records of the Locale 
>> table group wise.
>> When I check several entries on the same UI page, click on [Edit 
>> checked] and edit them sequentially, some of them actually don't get 
>> updated. If
>> I make a lookup for these records afterwards, they show up in their 
>> original state.
>> This happened to me with the messages starting with (code):
>> Sorry, no matches for
>> Have you experienced the same problem?
> Hi Miquel,
> I have tried to reproduce this and came up with the following, could 
> you confirm:
> * Login to admin
> * Click 'Tables' tab
> * Click 'locale' (Hidden Admin Table)
> * Find an item containing a comma in the 'code' field  (clicking on 
> 'Sho' will provide a couple)
> * Scenario1:
> - click the code field (link)
>  You will get to a page where you can enter the translations for this 
> item. This seems to work without any issues.
> * Scenario2:
> - tick the box next to the code field (no need to select more than 1, 
> behaviour is the same as far as I can tell)
>  You will get to a page which shows the part *before* the comma.
>  If you translate that part, press Ok, you end up with the part 
> *after* the comma. Again translating and pressing Ok results in 2 new 
> items in the locale table.
>  Pressing the cancel button results in an Internal Server Error.
> So it looks like a bug with the multiple select. I have not checked if 
> this at any other point doesn't work either.
> The simplest workaround is clicking the link, but i can imagine that, 
> because pressing 'Ok' starts you again from page 1 of the table, it is 
> easier to use the multiselection to edit a file like the locale table.
> Hopefully this is enough information for someone to reproduce it and 
> maybe it could be marked as a Bug?  Atm I do not have time to look for 
> a solution :(
> CU,
> Gert
> _______________________________________________
> interchange-users mailing list
> interchange-users at icdevgroup.org
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/mailman/listinfo/interchange-users
Hello Gert,

this is the exact behaviour I have noticed. And you're right, it is 
quite easier to edit the locale table with the multiselection feature.
It looks like the form fields are put in a hash and something goes wrong 
along the way. Maybe there is a split() somewhere that splits the items 
containing commas.

Well, I might try a look into the code, although this is too much for me 
to be able to digest right now.



More information about the interchange-users mailing list