[ic] Please specify the Localedirective in the configuration file 'catalog.cfg'

Zambra michael at zambra.com
Thu Sep 8 11:49:07 EDT 2005

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "New Media E.M.S." <ic_users at newmediaems.com <http://www.icdevgroup.org/mailman/listinfo/interchange-users>>
To: <interchange-users at icdevgroup.org <http://www.icdevgroup.org/mailman/listinfo/interchange-users>>
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 9:10 AM
Subject: Re: [ic] cart config error: Please specify the Localedirective in 
the configuration file 'catalog.cfg'

>/ At 11:38 PM 5/18/2004 +0200, you wrote:
/>>/On Tue, 18 May 2004 14:32:37 -0700
/>>/"New Media E.M.S." <ic_users at newmediaems.com <http://www.icdevgroup.org/mailman/listinfo/interchange-users>> wrote:
/>>/ > Hi all -
/>>/ >
/>>/ > Perl 5.8.1, compiled with threads off
/>>/ > Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5
/>>/ > Interchange 5.0.1
/>>/ >
/>>/ > The catalog has been working fine, and the client says he has made no
/>>/ > changes. He reported to me that he tried to reconfig the catalog
/>>/ yesterday,
/>>/ > and though the reconfig screen said successful, the changes did not 
/>>/ > take
/>>/ > effect. I confirmed this, and also know that reconfiguration was 
/>>/ > working
/>>/ > fine when I was setting up his store. A command line restart of
/>>/ interchange
/>>/ > produced this error:
/>>/ >
/>>/ > cart config error: Please specify the Locale directive in the
/>>/ configuration
/>>/ > file 'catalog.cfg'
/>>/ >
/>>/ > ...and now the catalog is completely offline. I've diff'd his 
/>>/ > catalog.cfg
/>>/ > and locale table against the foundation dist and there are no 
/>>/ > differences
/>>/ > of any consequence. Also checked for more obvious culprits like 
/>>/ > carriage
/>>/ > return contamination in config files; no dice. Anybody seen this one
/>>/ before?
/>>/This can happen if the permissions on the locale database are amiss.
/>>/         Racke
/>/ I did consider that, but the permissions on the file are the same as a 
/>/ control catalog running under the same interchange, which is working fine.
/>/ - Ed
>Building a new catalogue, had fritzed around in the UI and variables.txt and 
>cat config trying to get a different default locale to work... lo and behold 
>catalogue wouldn't load with same error. 60 minutes or more later, comparing 
>catalog.cfg and variables.txt etc and searching the maillists, thought I had 
>'borked' the cat.  Couldn't get it too load. Identical error message.
>Only thing that fixed it was to change in catalog.cfg
>DefaultLocale   en_US
>instead of
>DefaultLocale   __DEFAULT_LOCALE__
>__DEFAULT_LOCALE__  must have disappeared through some action I am yet 
>unsure of.
>Just thought I would post this to save anyone going through the same 
>Will bring the cat back to life.

Hello Simon,

I've experience the same problem today. I just remember having changed 
the DEFAULT_LOCALE value in the variable table.
Solved it hardcoding the default locale.



More information about the interchange-users mailing list