[ic] freebsd IC blank pages and premature end of script headers

Bill Beecham bill_beecham at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 23 16:25:53 EDT 2006

On 08/21/2006 07:08 PM, Bill Beecham wrote:
>All of them but the small cart, full cart, small search. All others cause
>the error and not one mention of it in any of the error logs, even with all
>the debug turned on. Something is breaking before it even gets recorded as

You'll need to pick the simplest of the components that is causing the
error and edit the component itself to try to determine which part of
the component is the cause.  Components are in templates/components.

>I just figured it was a db thing, outside of the admin section, because it
>is each and every component that touches the db that causes the error.

Well, anything is possible, but I highly doubt it since if it were a db
thing the problem would happen in the admin UI as well.  It could be a
specific way of accessing the db, such as the [data] tag that is causing
the problem, though.

Forgive the double post, I have new info

Here is the part of category_vertical that breaks perl

	se=[control set_selector left]
	se=[control page_class all|@@MV_PAGE@@]"]

It's trying to access the database table "area".

If I take that one little section out the component doesn't break. It
doesn't work, but it doesn't break it. I think this brings us to my original
idea. It seems that it is the very nature of trying to access the data that
causes it to break. But then why does the admin section have no troubles?

If I remember right, the admin section accesses it differently... never
using a loop field this way. I have tried to remove and change various parts
of this little snippet but it still breaks.

Maybe someone out there, maybe yourself, can tell me exactly what users
exist in the data table for  your mysql users. Maybe I have something set
wrong? Possibly?

Interchange asked what user for the mysql and I told it root and gave the
password when setting this up, it then created the tables and so forth. Did
I miss a step somewhere? I did create a user called interchange on mysql.
But I see nothing anywhere that says IC would use anything but root.

Am I wrong?