[ic] Relational options question

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Tue Feb 14 12:41:37 EST 2006

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Sandy Thomson wrote:

> Would it not make more sense to have something like:
>
> options table
> --
> sku-optionA sku
> sku-optionB sku
>
> option contents table
> --
> sku-optionA label1 price1
> sku-optionA label2 price2
> sku-optionA label3 price3
> sku-optionB label4 price4
>
> The reason I am asking this is that we want to vary the price of a product
> depending on a combination of options being selected, and the price increment
> is not linear. Its not even quite as simple as that but i am trying to
> explain it so you can understand - it would be using custom CommonAdjust
> functions and a relational database would really help. Before I go off and
> rewrite the interchange core options functionality has this been done
> already? Any suggestions about how I might begin to tackle this task?

Sandy,

I may not fully understand what you're asking for, but it sounds a lot
like the standard Matrix options module that has been in Interchange for
the past couple of versions, where you have a separate variants table
(like your "option contents table"). See lib/Vend/Options/Matrix.pm in
your Interchange directory. Perhaps that's what you need?

Jon

--
Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation