[ic] Interchange::Link - should I bother?

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Sun Sep 24 14:42:57 EDT 2006

I don't understand the advantages of using Interchange::Link. I'm
currently running 5.4.1 on CentOS which I installed from a tarball, and
it seems to be working ok. I have nearly 500,000 items and a fairly busy
site. Once in awhile my server's cpu load briefly gets a bit high,
causing the site to slow. These load spikes seem to coincide with
spiders crawling my site (which I see as a good thing). I now have 4GB
of ram and that seems to have helped minimize the effects of these spikes.

Would setting up Interchange::Link do anything to reduce the occasional
load spikes? What other advantages does Interchange::Link offer? I'm
just wondering if setting up Interchange::Link would be worth the
effort. Any thoughts would be welcomed.

DB