[ic] munge_quantity problem

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Wed Dec 19 22:01:39 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 14:52 -0500, Rick Bragg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am making a new catalog based on standard, and for some reason, the
> buy now buttons next to each product do strange things...
>
> Some don't work, (no item is ordered...) The ones that do, ignore the
> item_quantity text input fiels, and always default to just "1". so if i
> order 5, 10 or 100 of something, only 1 is added to the cart...  In
> terms of munging, only "1" is munged with "buy now".
>
> Has anybody ran across this problem before?
>
> Some of my items are priced at "0" because they are ment to be ordered
> as a group,
>
> thanks
> rick

I made many changes to the results_buylist, however, when I restored it
from csv, it had the exact same problems (above). so I came to the
conclusion that it was not the results_buylist file or my changes to it
at all, but something else that I had changed.

I made many changes to many of the standard files...
changes to the products table included loosing the prod_group and
category fields in favor of a categorycode field that points to a key in
a a category table.  That new table has a parent field for multi-level
categories.  Also there were many other additions to the products table
and other tables and files that are too numorous to go into now...

Anyway, the changes I made somehow affected the search results in a way
that broke the ability to order individual items.  The buylist button
worked fine, and as a failed hack, I replaced the individual buy buttons
with the buylist button and kept the results as one big form. It worked
fine, but that was just not good practice.

My current quick fix is to set individual forms for each item in the
list.  this is much cleaner and I am free to set all kinds of things
based on what "type" of item is being added to the cart.  The downfall
is that there is now no way to "buy list". so I renamed the file to
results_nobuylist  I would post it, but I'm afraid it won't make much
sense without also posting the products table, category table, all kinds
of changes to many of the components including carts, promos, wow almost
every file has been altered in some way from standard...  If anyone is
interested in more, let me know. I would like to get feedback on my
practice.

Thanks list!!

rick