[ic] Transaction ID and Payment gateway reference numbers

Steve Graham icdev at mrlock.com
Fri Dec 21 12:10:42 EST 2007

>At the end of the day I'm looking at my credit transactions for the day
>and have to either try and match the interchange order with a very long
>value created by the payment gateway which is stored in order_id field,
>or try to match by name which can be cumbersome since I dropship for my
>customers so the customer details of who order it doesn't necessarily
>match up with the billing details of who is actually paying for it and
>where it's going that is shown on cybersource's transaction logs.

I send the credit card authorization number (transaction number)
along with the emailed information sent to order processing - it
makes it very easy to match the transaction ID along with the order
number. I also send the transaction ID to the gateway, so it is
referenced in each authorization attempt.

Steve