[ic] [userdb function=login]

Marco Mescoli m.mescoli at omnib.it
Wed Jul 4 11:56:56 EDT 2007

Gert van der Spoel ha scritto:
>> Marco Mescoli
>>
>> Kevin Walsh ha scritto:

>> members_only=1 pages
>>> The above didn't log you in.
>>>
>>> Set your username and password using the [value] tag or use the
>> [userdb]
>>> tag's "cgi" parameter.  See here:
>>>

>> http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/Interchange_user_database.html#
>> login
>>>     http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/tags/userdb.html#cgi
>>>
>>> Also, you didn't name the [seti] scratchpad variable.  [tmp] would
>>> be better than [seti] for this or, better still, user the [userdb]
>>> tag's "hide" parameter:
>>>
>>>     http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/tags/userdb.html#hide
>>>
>>> The [cgi] and [value] tags also have a "hide" parameter.  I'm sure
>>> that you can guess the link to the docs for those. :-)
>>>
>>> By the way, you can cut the whole thing down to size with the
>>> following:
>>>
>>>     [userdb function="login" usernme="[cgi username]" password="[cgi
>> pw]" hide=1]
>>> Hmmm - I wonder whether it's a bug that [data session username] got
>>> set using your example.  I'll test that for myself when I get some
>>> time.
>> I try your code (ic 4.9.8) but the results are the same.
>>
>> [seti]
>>    [cgi name=mv_username set='[cgi username]']
>>    [cgi name=mv_password set='[cgi pw]']
>>    [userdb function=login]
>> [/seti]
>>
>> and
>>
>> [userdb function="login" username="[cgi username]" password="[cgi pw]"
>> hide=1]
>>
>> make correct user login.
>> In both ways [data session username] display logged user and [data
>> session logged_in] is 1 but i cannot browse members_only pages.
>> At this point i think that the problem is not the way to do login but
>> my
>> code that test session and scratch vars.
>>
>> Now my bug has short life :-)
>
> Is it in the standard pages that you are trying to accomplish this or in a
> new page you created.
> Perhaps you can copy the complete code of the page you are trying to get
> into as member to
> http://paste.me.uk/   .. I'll have a look then.
>
> CU,
>
> Gert
----- After many attempts seems solved
The problem was that the my login function was made from VPN connection
(from private ip 192.168....) and the successive browsing of the
members_only pages was made from normal connection (from public ip) and
in this way session id must change.

In summer i love to sleep :-)

Marco Mescoli