[ic] Google and Scan Versus Search

Jon prtyof5 at attglobal.net
Sun Jul 22 15:40:49 EDT 2007

I've heard that before :)

I had added some 1 click searches on a page a couple of weeks
ago and the ones that were created via 'search' are not cached
while the ones created using scan are cached. which I thought
was interesting because I know those URLs are not very google
friendly.  And maybe it was the way I defined the search field which
I happen to make /sf=* versus /sf=prod_group,title ..  for example.
I didn't play with a google simulator to see if anything
else shows up but I can if you like.

What I've historically noticed is the better your site is externally
linked the more likely you are to have less search engine friendly
URLs cached/indexed. In other words it is relative.

Jon