[ic] I can't seem to create new products and inventory tables...

mail lists at gmnet.net
Thu May 10 11:23:57 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 10:34 -0700, Aaron Berg wrote:
> > I'm not a big database person, I don't really know how to do that or
> > where to look.  I am using mysql v 3.23.58, and I mostly use phpMyAdmin
> > 2.4.0 as an interface.  Is there an easy way to do that via command
> > prompt?
> >
> > I know that my database software is a bit old, but I am using IC 5.4.2
> > It seems really strange that I can't set these tables. they are very
> > simple and I have checked my syntax pretty good. I hope that it is
> > simple and I just have some bas syntax there...
> >
> > Thanks
> > Rick
> If you put this:
> log=/var/log/mysql-query.log
> info your mysql config file all queries will be logged to the file you
> specify.
> You will be able to see exactly what query interchange is executing,
> then you can try that exact query in phpMyAdmin to see the exact error
> message from the DB.  I've had to do that a couple times to get things
> like this sorted out.
> Another thing I've run into that caused problems like this was having
> a null character at the start of the txt file.  I don't know how it
> got there, but I had to use a hex editor to remove it. That bad
> character offset all the column names in the txt file by one in a way
> that you can't see in a text editor.
> -Aaron

If I empty out all the lines in products.txt, and inventory.txt, the
tables get built fine but of course they are empty...

They look OK to me in a hex editor so I can't figure out what is

Here are the files.
they are indexed right out at the root directory of the site...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.