[ic] Admin UI code issue

Thomas J.M. Burton tom at globalfocusdm.com
Tue Dec 9 18:03:15 UTC 2008

Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting Mike Heins (mike at perusion.com):
>
>> That being said, you could try supplying an overall_template option in
>> the call to the table-editor, i.e. a custom pages/admin/flex_editor. Something
>> like:
>>
>>     [table-editor
>> 	    cgi=1
>> 	    form_name=flex_editor
>> 	    keep-errors=1
>>     ]
>> 	{TOP_OF_FORM}
>> 	{HIDDEN_FIELDS}
>> 		    {:REST}
>> 	{BOTTOM_OF_FORM}
>>     [/table-editor]
>>
>> It has been a long time, so I can't be sure that is correct. You would have
>> to refer to the source in all likelihood to completely nail it down.
>>

> And remember, you can copy the lib/UI/pages/include/templates/ui_type*
> files to the catalog/include/templates directory and change those
> markers there as well.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the informative reply. I completely understand the magnitude
of reworking something like this, and how doing so has potential for
unforeseen chain-reactions. Exactly why I wrote the list before
attempting to do anything of that nature, and I'm glad I heard directly
from you on this topic.

I'll give your suggested approach a shot and see if it works. If not,
I'll just work around it in some other way.

Thanks again, your input is much appreciated (as is all of your skull
sweat and keeping IC going!).

Best,
Tom

--