[ic] adjusting price total instead of individual items

Matthew Daniels mpd at krilion.net
Mon Feb 18 01:57:07 EST 2008

How do I handle the case where the price break for buying a large amount
of items needs to match a specific (round number) total?  For example,
if you buy 500, the subtotal should be 660, so I set the q500 price to
1.32 and it works as expected.   But for the 350 tier, the subtotal
should be 506, which results in a per-item price that is not a repeating
decimal.  If I put a very precise number in there it works, but I'm
worried about rounding errors.  Should I be?

Matthew