[ic] Re: Standard catalog Customer Entrance or Admin Interface = "Interchange not available"

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Fri Feb 29 09:54:37 EST 2008

> On Feb 29, 2008, at 7:52 AM, New ICuser wrote:
>> Peter wrote:
>>> That message means that the link script (vlink) can't connect to the
>>> socket file for the active Interchange server.  Common reasons
>>> for this
>>> include:
>>>
>>> * Interchange server is not running.
>>
>> I know the server is running; ps -ef | grep interch returns
>>
>> interch  32063     1  0 17:21 ?        00:00:00 interchange
>> interch  32068 28937  0 17:21 ?        00:00:00 /var/www/cgi-bin/
>> standard
>> root     32096 31677  0 17:23 pts/3    00:00:00 grep interch

One quick way of verifying the connection would be to issue the
following commands:

# lsof -Uu interchange

This returns the list of unix sockets opened by processes being run
by the interchange user.  If IC was configured to use a local unix
domain socket (the recommended setup), this should include the socket
that IC is listening to.

Verify that the socket file is the same as the link script is
configured to use by:

# strings /var/www/cgi-bin/standard | grep socket

If the returned paths do not match, then your vlink script is
incorrectly configured.  You will have to build a new vlink script
with the same socket location that IC is expecting.

HTH,

David
--
David Christensen