[ic] Cluster / IP question

ic at 3edge.com ic at 3edge.com
Mon Jan 21 10:51:35 EST 2008

DB writes:

> I'm looking into clustering for my IC stores. Once of the HA software
> packages that I'm considering has what may be a very serious drawback: all
> requests sent to the clustered servers lack the visitor's original IP
> address. Instead all requests come in using the IP of the box that runs
> the HA server.
>
> Since IC uses the visitors IP for the session ID among other things, it
> seems like this might be a bad idea. Does anyone have thoughts or
> suggestions?

Maybe you can have a look if there is any environment variable that is being
passed on to the other machines in the cluster, which contains the user's IP
(such as 'HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR') ...

If you have another environment var that contains the IP address, you coul d
probably get away with patching lib/Vend/Server.pm  in the 'populate' sub

CU,

Gert