[ic] 5.6.1 demo cart has CSS image issue?

Carlc Internet Services mvu at carlc.com
Tue Nov 18 19:05:47 UTC 2008

I fixed it myself.. Amazing what you can do with a little more research (already had 2 days into it).

In case someone else hits the "CSS dir images does not exist." error message:

1) Login as your interchange username (example: ic)
2) go to a catalog area (example: /home/catalogs/myfirstcatalog)
3) See if you can "cd images"
4) If you can not, that's why you get the "CSS dir images does not exist.". Also, check that you can write a file into the
"images" directory as interchange will want to write things into there.
5) to fix, look at the entire path of "images" (example: ls -la , look for images). You should see a full path. As the login "ic"
(or your interchange username from step #1), cd down the path one at a time and find the blocked path. If not, check that you can
write a file into "images", fix the protection as needed.
6) Enjoy.

Sorry to have bothered anyone, and hopefully, this will help someone else down the road with the same problem.

 	Carl Couric
 	Owner - CarlC Internet Services - www.carlc.com
 	Dedicated servers for as low at $75/month