[ic] image directory

Ton Verhagen catch-all at verhagen.net
Thu Nov 20 08:17:42 UTC 2008

Quoting Darnell Hudson wrote:

> Ton Verhagen wrote:
>>
>> Quoting Darnell Hudson:
>>
>>> can you have to different image directory.
>>> one for big images for products and small image for categories
>>> if so how would I get my category pages to point the other image
>>> directory
>>
>> That's very easy to do....
>>
>> Have a look at the [image ...] tag. This tag could prove to be
>> helpful
>> for you.
>>
>> You could create sub-directories in the images directory and call
>> the image tag using the imagesubdir parameter.
>>
>> For pictures residing in ..../images/large_pictures you would do:
>> [image src="image_name" imagesubdir="large_pictures"]
>>

>> Good luck,
>>
>> Ton Verhagen

> Ok if I do it like this
> [imagesrc="image_name"imagesubdir="large_pictures"]
> and I put in the image name I want and imagedir it works fine, but
> what
> I need it to do
> is pull the right image for the right product.  The code I have does
> not
> work right
> [image  imagesubdir="thumb" [products-code]]  I need to have it pull
> the
> right image for the right product.

On a product (fly)page you could do:

Large image:
[image src="[item-field image]" imagesubdir="items"]

and/or

Thumb image:
[image src="[item-field thumb]" imagesubdir="thumb"]

or even
[image src="[item-code]" imagesubdir="some/other/dir"]

Image tag will check for .jpg, .gif, .png, and .jpeg i,ages in the
'some/other/dir' directory.

Please see:
http://docs.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/online/tags/image.html

Good luck,