[ic] Refunds via [charge]
chris at endpoint.com
Mon Aug 3 19:19:35 UTC 2009
> Can the [charge] tag be used to refund a card? I'm not sure how this
> could be done since the mv_credit_card_* stuff is not known at that
> point. Can the original transaction ID be set to a variable that
> [charge] will use to apply the credit?
> - Grant
I recently implemented this for a client who uses Authorize.net. This
payment gateway requires you have:
* The transaction is submitted with the valid transaction ID
(x_trans_id) of an original, successfully settled transaction.
* The amount being requested for refund is less than or equal to the
original settled amount.
* The sum amount of multiple Credit transactions submitted against the
original transaction is less than or equal to the original settled amount.
* At least the last four digits of the credit card number (x_card_num)
used for the original, successfully settled transaction are submitted.
An expiration date is not required.
* The transaction is submitted within 120 days of the settlement date of
the original transaction.
Here's a code snippet
In the case of Authorize.net you need to pass a transaction type of
CREDIT to the charge tag. I had to start saving the last 4 digits of the
credit card number and the expiration date to the transactions table to
allow the refund. I had to also create a screen which would allow my
client to process the refund adn include any necessary credit card info
I am working on implementing on a solution that can be committed to the
End Point Corp.
Direct Line: 919-249-5356
More information about the interchange-users