[ic] Search problem when mixing words around.

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Thu Aug 27 22:26:27 UTC 2009

I have a simple search form that I can't seem to get to work properly.

following is a sample of my simple form:

<form action="[area search]" method=post>
 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_coordinate VALUE="1">
 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchtype VALUE="db">

 <INPUT MAXLENGTH=30 NAME=mv_searchspec type=text size=15>
 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE=":description:comment">
 <INPUT TYPE=hidden
 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_substring_match VALUE="1">
 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_all_chars VALUE="1">
 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_exact_match VALUE="0">

 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE="[control matches 25]">
 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_sort_field VALUE="description">
 <input type=submit value="[L]SEARCH[/L]" class="search_button">

It seems that it is doing substring matches fine. For example, I search
for "icycl" and it finds everything with "bicycle" perfectly.  I can
also search for "fixed gear" or "ixed gea" and it finds everything with
"fixed gear" perfectly.

However, if I search for "gear fixed" it finds nothing and I get an
     Unknown mv_column_op (ARRAY(0x533a890))

So it seems that it can find substring fine, but for some reason it
can't find things where words are rearranged.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this the right behavior?  Is there a
simple way to fix this so that searches for things like "gear fixed"
return rows with "fixed gear" in them?

believed to be clean.