[ic] Losing shipping on bad CC

Josh Lavin josh at perusion.com
Tue May 26 16:25:55 UTC 2015

Quoting Bob Puff (bob at nleaudio.com):
> Thanks for the reply, Gert!
>
> > My assumption (without knowing your flow) is that the luhn check
> > just brings you back to your checkout page after the POST request
> > and rendering the page again ... But your AuthorizeNet failure maybe
> > results in a redirect, which is set to your checkout page. And this
> > is losing some of your data. Are you doing something 'special' for
> > (re)calculating shipping rates? Maybe storing it in a scratch/tmp
> > parameter .. Which it picks up when it rerenders after a 'local'
> > luhn check, but not after a 'redirect'  from AuthorizeNet?
>
> The cart is based off an earlier version "demo" store, and the only thing
> different from the stock code in the checkout stuff that I recall is the
> shipping calculation inside the shipping.asc file.
>
> I am using version 5.8.2, and I *think* I even set up a test catalog with the
> most recent version's demo, plugged in the authorizenet stuff, and saw it
> happen on that one as well.

It's possible there is a problem in the standard demo store. I would bet
that it has to do with the one-page checkout.

The standard demo store hasn't received any attention in years. It is
woefully out-of-date. Instead, my suggestion would be Perusion's "strap"
demo, which you can find here:

http://www.perusion.com/demos.html

You will notice that there are no problems with shipping and checkout
failures on the demo store here:
http://demo.perusion.com/i/strap

Feel free to grab the checkout flow and use in your store.

--
Josh Lavin
... ask me about job opportunities ...