MiniVend Akopia Services

[MV set-up] Moving Orders from Minivend to "Prism"

List :

Prism == a inventory control system / mail order / shipping system.

I need to begin moving all my orders from Minivend into this "Prism" system
instead of mailing them.

I'd also really like to continue mailing the encrypted credit card information
(along with the order number) a mail address.

Prism has a "web store front" but I think if we started using it, we'd loose
all our customers because it's terrible...but I digress.

I figured out the format Prism uses to move orders between it's web server and
it's primary component.  it's a fairly simple flat text format (CVS, comma and
"" delimited) file.  What I need to be able to do is make minivend create one
of those files and then place it on the disk somewhere (on the drive our web
server and the prism server share) so that prism can parse it into the system.

I know this isn't really a minivend problem, but I'd appreciate any help.  So
far I've thought of replacing the sendmail program with a perl script that
checked the order format (which would be created by the format of the report),
stripped out the CC information and mailed it off, and then created a file,
dumped the order into and appended it to the order file that Prism wants.

That's just my first idea, so if anyone has a quicker/ different way to do it,
please let me know.

Cory Trese
email : digital@specialty-books.com
fone : (740) 594 - 2274, ext 223