Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] Re: MV 4.04 and va= on scan

******    message to minivend-users from Barry Treahy <Barry@BSTent.com>     ******

Arg!  Ok, so I've demonstrated how dumb one can be.  I suspect that the va= has been working all
along, I was attempting to received the created variable via [scratch] rather than [value] which
I'm not sure I understand why.

My next question, whic is realted, is that is the variable created with va= is not in a scratch
variable but rather in a space named value?  I've got for examples of what I tried, simple
process of eliminate I suppose, but I do not understand why only the last worked.  Can someone
educate me on this?  This wasn't intuitive to me and I guess I'm really missing something basic
here...

[set mv_value]
  leftside_category=Main
[/set]
<!-- scratch: [scratch leftside_category] -->
<!-- value:   [value   leftside_category] -->

[set]
  leftside_category=Main
[/set]
<!-- scratch: [scratch leftside_category] -->
<!-- value:   [value   leftside_category] -->

[set leftside_category]Main[/set]
<!-- scratch: [scratch leftside_category] -->
<!-- value:   [value   leftside_category] -->

[value name=leftside_category set=Main]
<!-- scratch: [scratch leftside_category] -->
<!-- value:   [value   leftside_category] -->

Barry

Barry Treahy wrote:

> ******    message to minivend-users from Barry Treahy <Barry@BSTent.com>     ******
>
> Ed LaFrance wrote:
>

> > I've found that with Minivend, success vs. failure is often a question of
> > trying variations and alternate syntax.  With your search expression. maybe
> > you could try
> >
> >          [page scan arg="
> >                  se=[blah blah]
> >                  va=leftside_category=[loop-data categories line]
> >                  "]The link[/page]
> >
> > or
> >
> >          [area href=scan arg="
> >                  se=[blah blah]
> >                  va=leftside_category=[loop-data categories line]
> >                  "]The link[/area]
> >

> Thanks Ed, but I've tried both of these and still the results are not correct, the va= is not
> being processed.  I even simplied the values returned in the variable line to resolve my
> earlier complaint about the encoding of the equal sign but that resolved nothing.
>
> I have noticed a lot of references in the mailing archives stating what you did about syntax
> order being an issue.  This seems to simply do the documenation further injustice when
> examples and syntax mileage varies so much.
>
> I've had a long day, I'll poke at it tomorrow if anyone else has a suggestion.
>
> Barry
>
> -
> To unsubscribe from the list, DO NOT REPLY to this message.  Instead, send
> email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.
> Archive of past messages: http://www.minivend.com/minivend/minivend-list

-
email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.