Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] Error message question

******    message to minivend-users from Mike Heins <mikeh@minivend.com>     ******

Quoting Todd Benson (todd@ehawaiigov.org):

> Does anyone know what causes this kind of error when restarting the
> minivend server?
>
> Configuring catalog maps...maps config error: Can't use an undefined
> value as an ARRAY reference at
> /usr/local/minivend/lib/Vend/Table/InMemory.pm line 123.
>

> maps: error in configuration. Skipping.
> maps: config error. Skipping.

It means you don't have a DBM that Minivend can use, and that
there is some problem with creating that database in Memory.

I bet you are running on Solaris, IRIX, or HP-UX -- none
of them distribute a reasonable DBM with their Perl.

GDBM is easiest to build and install with Perl, and the source
is at CPAN as well as at www.gnu.org.

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

My wife is great.  She doesn't care where I go, just as long as I don't
have any fun.  -- Lee Trevino
-