[ic] (Merchant descriptor) BoA/Cybersource HELP!!!

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Thu Jun 9 11:48:02 EDT 2005

Mark Weaver wrote:
> jeff at hisgirlfridays.com wrote:
>
>> Here is the latest ecert, if I remember right this archive just has
>> one file in it, the ecert executable.  Just throw it over the old one
>> that is currently in your Cybersource source directory.
>>

>> Jeff
>

> Ok...what am I doing wrong here? The binary you sent over worked
> wonderfully. Made all the files and got the cert from the server.
> However, after plugging everything in I'm getting some errors on the IC
> checkout page.
>
> ERROR #1:
>  (Payment process): There was an error accepting payment: Real-time
> charge failed. Reason: encryption error (Could not open file. Could not
> get certificate from /opt/CyberSource/SDK/keys/v77048056.crt for
> merchant_id v77048056: Permission denied)
> Credit Card Information: encryption error (Could not open file. Could
> not get certificate from /opt/CyberSource/SDK/keys/v77048056.crt for
> merchant_id v77048056: Permission denied)
>
> So, I changed the perms on the directories to the keys and cert from 644
> to 755 and tried it again.
>
> ERROR #2:
>  (Payment process): There was an error accepting payment: Real-time
> charge failed. Reason: encryption error (Could not open file. Could not
> get certificate from /opt/CyberSource/SDK/keys/v77048056.crt for
> merchant_id v77048056: No such file or directory)
> Credit Card Information: encryption error (Could not open file. Could
> not get certificate from /opt/CyberSource/SDK/keys/v77048056.crt for
> merchant_id v77048056: No such file or directory)
>
> The entries in my catalog look like this:
> Route   ICS     server_host     ics2.ic3.com
> Route   ICS     server_port     80
> Route   ICS     path            /opt/CyberSource/SDK
> Route   ICS     merchant_id     v77048056
> Route   ICS     apps ics_auth,ics_auth_reversal,ics_bill,ics_credit
> Route   ICS     timeout         20
> Route   ICS     merchant_descriptor     "DESTINY IMAGE PUBLISHERS"
> Route   ICS     merchant_descriptor_contact     "717-532-3040"
> Route   ICS     transaction     sale
>
> The path to the keys dir is as follows.
> /opt/CyberSource/SDK/keys
>
> I'm not seeing anything wrong here, but clearly I've missed something.
> Thank you so much for all your help. It is SO much appreciated. I'm so
> close I can taste it!

To add to the saga now unfolding the client that is installed is giving
an error that tells me the processor is getting an invalid merchant
descriptor.

So, in place of what I "thought" they were asking for here, the company
name, I placed the Merchant Number and viola! its working...

I'm going to hold my breath for a bit to make sure this is really good
to go, but I want to thank you Jeff for your awesome help! I might
actually get some sleep this evening now. :)

--
Mark