[ic] 500 read failed

Boyer, Jim boyerj at wsu.edu
Tue Jun 20 18:06:42 EDT 2006

I am running IC 5.2.0, perl 5.8.5  with the Payment.pm update for using

I recently had a hard disk fail on my Interchange server.  The disk
contained the /var directory.  I restored it finally and it appears
Interchange is working again.  However I am getting the following error

Reason: payment routine 'wsu' returned error: 500 read failed

Prior to the disk failure I was able to fix this problem by setting
traffic to rpc in interchange.cfg and using wget routing option in my
catalogs.  I have checked that these are set but I am still getting this
time out error very frequently, if not all the time.

Is there anything I should be looking at in the /var directory that may
need changing from the restore?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Jim Boyer
Systems/Application Programmer