[ic] Authorizenet failure

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Wed Feb 21 17:28:30 EST 2007

Steve Graham <icdev at mrlock.com> wrote:
> I'm noticing the following in /usr/local/interchange/error.log
>
> 196-1-xxxxxx U8xxxRtJ:bogus-site.com - [21/February/2007:12:28:12
> -0600] locks /xxxxxx/finalize.html Safe: Real-time charge failed.
> Reason: You must enter the correct billing address of your credit card.
>  >
>  >
>  >               for(qw/
>  >                               charge_total_message
>  >                               pay_cert_total
>  >               /)
>  >               {
>  >                       delete $Scratch->{$_};
>  >               }
>  >               die errmsg(
>  >                               "Real-time charge failed. Reason: %s\n",
>  >                               errmsg($Session->{payment_error}),
>  >                       );
>  >
>  >

> the above code is in the log_transaction file surrounded by [calc]
>
> Just curious if this is supposed to be evaluated, or just dumped in
> the log file?

It is supposed to be dumped into the log.  The idea is to give you
some context as to where the error was generated.  A lot of the time,
you can determine the cause simply by looking at the dumped source.
In cases where you can't, the dumped source context is still usually
of interest and will help you find the exact point, in the actual
source, where the error message was generated.

In the above example, the source isn't particularly interesting, as
the error message explains the problem adequately.  You do still get
to see how the error message was generated, and can determine that
the "reason" string came from $Session->{payment_error}.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz