[ic] Installation probs

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Sat Feb 24 19:05:03 EST 2007

On 02/24/2007 07:03 AM, Joachim Thüx wrote:
>  *Hello and good day,
>
> I'm new to Interchange and tried to install
> the downloaded package (version 5.4.2)
> on my Suse Linux 10.x system.
> (Perl 5.8.7 is in threaded mode)

You should have at least Perl 5.8.8 plus the latest DBI if you're going
to run it in threaded mode or you're likely to have problems later on.
That said, threaded mode has a performance loss of approximately 30% so
I generally recommend compiling your own non-threaded perl and using
that instead.

> Can't locate HTML/Parser.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ./lib

As others have pointed out you're missing the HTML::Parser perl module
which IC requires.  You'll probably find that you're missing others as
well.  I recommend that you install all the modules listed in the
Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink bundle
<http://search.cpan.org/~mikeh/Bundle-InterchangeKitchenSink-1.03/InterchangeKitchenSink.pm>.
 You can do this with the command:
perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink'

Or if you'd rather, use the package management system for SUSE (sorry, I
don't know what SUSE's package management system is or how to use it).
That will only work on the default system perl installed by suse (which
I'm recommending that you don't use above).

Peter