[ic] mv_order_subject won't set in log_transaction IC 5.6.0

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Mon Nov 3 03:53:04 UTC 2008

Quoting IC (ic at tvcables.co.uk):
> > > In interchange 5.6.0 I have found it impossible to set mv_order_subject
> > in
> > > log_transaction. I found a post on the list (link at bottom) from Mike
> > Heins
> > > that referred to a similar problem with mv_order_number, in order to be
> > able
> > > to set mv_order_subject in log_transaction or on a checkout page using
> > an
> > > <input type hidden> I have had to add this to order.pm
> > >
> > > 		if($Vend::Session->{mv_order_subject}) {
> > > 			$value_save->{mv_order_subject} =
> > > 				$::Values->{mv_order_subject} =
> > > 					$Vend::Session->{mv_order_subject};
> > > 		}
> > >
> > > Is this the most appropriate way to fix this?
> > >

> > Not in my opinion. You shouldn't need to do it in log_transaction. I do
> > this type of thing myself, but I do it in the order profile where the
> > values are normally accessible. I leave the %n in there to insert the
> > order number.
> >
> > It might make some sense to have a better way in general to manipulate
> > the order subject, but I think that I would prefer to make the mechanism
> > better if we were to change it at all. For example, make the order report
> > be a separate route -- which you could do right now, in fact.
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> The problem I had was that I wanted the report email subject to include the
> Paypal transaction ID from the Paypalexpress module, I tried it in the order
> profile but couldn't get the transaction ID into the subject, I presumed
> that this was because the ID had not yet been created when the profile ran?

I suppose if you need that, then some method needs to be used. You
should be able to send an email with another route. But your method
will work -- the problem is then having a core patch which has to be
maintained. If you can convince someone to put it in IC for you, that
would be one thing. But I would think it would be easier to talk the
core group into a more general-purpose facility.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  tollfree 800-949-1889 <mike at perusion.com>

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".