[ic] Order profile check_opt not found

Steve Graham icdev at mrlock.com
Tue Apr 7 22:29:04 UTC 2009

>    Can anyone point me at a tutorial/howto (or just explain it to me in
> such a way) that will CLEARLY explain what needs to be done to setup an
> item to have size/color attributes?   I have spent hours digesting
> results of google queries on the topic, and am more confused/clueless
> now than I was when I started.
> Thanks in advance,
> --
> Adam Lambert

I would suggest adding a simple option just to get started.

You can have multiple simple options on each item.

A simple option for size
another option for color

u: demo
p: demo

<assuming you already have a basic item created>

click items
then click on a specific item you want an option
click the options tab
click simple option button
enter a name  (this is internal name, no spaces or -, underscore is ok )
enter a label (displayed to customer, spaces ok)
(past into large text box:)
S1=Size 1*
S2=Size 2
S3=Size 3
click create option
the option is created and shown on the left of the page now.
click edit price differential
(past in text box)
click ok, then test it out in your catalog.

you can create several options for each item, and add price modifiers for
options selected.
Put an * after the option value you want to be the default

Should get you going with simple options, try it on the demo site.