Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] Using CyberCash when total is $0.00?

******    message to minivend-users from Mike Heins <mikeh@minivend.com>     ******

Quoting Chris Rapier (rapier@psc.edu):
> ******    message to minivend-users from Chris Rapier <rapier@psc.edu>     ******
>
> Mike Heins wrote:
>
> >     [seti subtotal][total-cost noformat=1][/seti]
> >     [if scratch subtotal < 0.01]
> >             &set=mv_payment No payment necessary, zero cost
> >     [else]
> >             &charge=[var MV_PAYMENT_MODE]
> >             &set=mv_payment Real-time credit card
> >     [/else]
> >     [/if]
>
> Unfortunately this seems to produce an error (i'm trying to determine
> the exact error now) when the total is zero. I think this is due to some
> ignorance on my part. However, am I correct in assuming that if &charge
> is undefined does that mean the transaction is just waved though? Even
> though CyberCash and CreditCardAuto is set to yes and no respectively?

No -- with the new route-based &charge scheme you don't set CyberCash
to Yes. That is only for legacy....

> I am assuming that I need to take out the line
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_cyber_mode VALUE="mauthcapture">
> and set MV_PAYMENT_MODE to mauthcapture in catalog.cfg.
> -
> To unsubscribe from the list, DO NOT REPLY to this message.  Instead, send
> email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.
> Archive of past messages: http://www.minivend.com/minivend/minivend-list

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.
-