Akopia Akopia Services

[mv] Showroom Advise

******    message to minivend-users from Victor Nolton <ven@pragakhan.com>     ******

i was informed today that a online store I've designed, they'd like
to place a computer in 2 of their stores. They went out and bought
computers for this (sigh).

The problem is, they want to have the computers to be used in the
store without the need of the internet. They suggested maybe I can
install minivend for windows on it and do it that way. However this
would be.. Bad cause I'd have trouble updating the site and they
customer (store owner) would have 3 databases to update (main server,
then the 2 store computers).

I'd prefer unix on the machines cause if they did connect to the net
I could login and make changes. BUT, I dont think may people want to
use netscape under X.

I'm baffold on this, and I feel bad cause they just spent $6000 on
showroom systems.

Recommendation?

Ven

Ven's News (Bookmark It) : http://www.vensnews.com

Ven (ven@pragakhan.com) _________________ http://ven.pragakhan.com __
AOL: WebmstrVen     Praga Khan's Official Website        ICQ: 8321393
                       http://www.pragakhan.com
-
email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.

Search for: Match: Format: Sort by: